Friday, August 22, 2008

Tomato Mee @ Taman Hui Sing, Kuching

I guess it's only right that the first post on this blog is regarding the food i ate when the idea of this blog came up!

It was the last nite of my 3rd trip to Kuching, Sarawak and i guess i had to finally try the Tomato Mee. Ru took me to an open air food court near to the Kuching International Airport and i finally tried it. To be precise, it was at the Hui Sing Hawker Centre, Lorong Taman Hui Sing 3. It was there that Ru suggested that i start a food blog! And as they say, the rest is history!



The Tomato Mee din blow me away like the Sarawak Kolo Mee but it wasn't too bad. I was surprised to find out they used a deep fried noodles for it - something like the crispy yee mee. The tomato sauce with fish slices, prawns, sotong and char siew is poured over it. The sauce is alrite - not too sour a'la bolognese and not too sweet like the sweet and sour pork. More on the savory side.

2 comments:

Ruey said...

wow, you really took up my suggestion! i is so bangga now.:D

imissw said...

you shud be!!! :-)